Click Here To Watch The RECIPE VIDEO: https://youtu.be/rrxbsjylsc8
I am really thankful to my mother-in-law who taught me this mouth-watering recipe of Stuffed Tomato or Bharwa Tamara recipe. If you wanna watch the video of it you can click on the above video else written recipe is here.
This recipe will serve 3
- Roma Tomatoes (Roma Tamatar)-6
- Chickpea flour (Besan)- 3 medium size spoon
- Coriander (Dhaniya Powder)
- Oil (Tel)- 4-5 tsp
- Cumin Seeds (Jeera)- 2-3 tsp
- Turmeric (Haldi) Powder- 1/2 tsp
- Red Chili (Lal Mirch) Powder- 3/4 tsp or as per taste
- Salt (Namak)- 1 & 1/2 tsp or as per taste
PROCEDURE IN DETAIL
- Take a Medium size spoon to measure chickpea flour and coriander powder for stuffing.
- Measure 3 spoons of chickpea flour in a pan and keep the pan in low flame.
- Cook the chickpea flour until it is cooked and turns
- little dark. Once done keep it aside to cool down.
- Take 6 Roma tomatoes of small to medium size and wash them thoroughly.
- Now we will need a knife and a small spoon to make a cut in tomato and bring seeds of it out Keep a bowl near to keep the seeds aside.
- make a small cut on tomato the way I am showing here and with the help of spoon To bring the seeds out and keep it aside as we will use it later
- Do the same with all the tomatoes. Always make sure to do a small cut on tomatoes as it gets bigger when we bring the seeds out with the spoon.
- Once chickpea flour is cool keep it aside in a bowl of a plate, as we are going to use the same pan.
- Put the pan on medium flame, pour 2 tsp oil and let it heat a little bit.
- Add cumin seeds and let it crack.
- Add cumin seeds and let it crack
- Add 3 spoon (use the same spoon we used for chickpea flour) of Coriander Powder.
- keep the flame Low and give it a nice stir for 30 seconds.
- Now add chickpea flour which we had kept aside in a plate.
- Give it a nice stir for 30 seconds.
- Add 1/2 tsp turmeric, 1/2 – 1 tsp chili powder, 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- give it a stir.
- sprinkle some water and give it a stir.
- sprinkle some more if needed as we want it in a fine powder, not too wet and also we have to mix everything well.
- Add 1 and 1/2 tsp salt or as per taste, give it a stir.
- you can press the lumps to break them, I have shown in the video how to do it.
- once it is ready, cooked and mixed well turn off gas and keep it aside to cool.
- when filling is cool enough to touch start filling in tomatoes.
- fill it till top and press the filling if needed to fill the material as much as you can. you can use hand instead of the spoon as well
- fill it in all the tomatoes. Keep the filling aside in plate or bowl if any left.
- add 2 tsp oil in the same pan and let it heat.
- add 1-2 tsp cumin seeds and let it crack.
- arrange tomatoes on the pan where the flame will be more to cook them well.
- now add the left filling as well where the flame will be low so that it will not burn.
- we will cook it with a lid on so the water of tomatoes will come out and cook fast.
- give it a stir in every 5-7 mins, sprinkle little water if it is getting dry.
- cover the lid always after stir and let it cook in low flame.
- cook until the skin comes out a little bit and tomatoes turn little dark.
- check them by pressing a little bit as well, if they are soft then it's done.
- at the end garnish it with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
- serve it with roti (chapati) or paratha and dahi(curd) or dal.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD>> FREE PDF<<
Try it, Take a Picture and tag me on social media… would love to repost… SHARE & SUBSCRIBE to my BLOG & YouTube Channel – https://goo.gl/2zQsdp
Until Next Time