Written By: Simran | Edited by: Prachi Gautam
Pregnancy sure is the most beautiful phase a woman could go through. Things change to a 360 degree right after you give birth. And believe you me, it is not always a bed of roses to do postnatal care.
My heart was pouring with a concoction of excitement and nervousness to be a first-time mama. I had no idea what motherhood could turn out to be until I hold her.
Little did I know it was not just going to be demanding on me physically but way more emotionally and mentally. In these challenging times of introduction to mommyhood, it is so important to keep sane and find your peace while taking postnatal care of your new love.
- You need not take stress to become a perfect mom because parenting and motherhood are very personal to each one. Never compare yourself to one another because each one of you is doing great.
- Try and involve yourself in bonding activities like massaging the baby, singling lullabies as it is naturally beautiful to give your new relationship the time it needs.
- Take turns with your partner. First few weeks after birth can take a toll on you. Try and take turns with your partner and take the rest you deserve.
- Ask for extended help if need be. Rightly said that it takes a village to raise a child. Ask your mom, mom-in-law of whoever could be a helping hand in postnatal care.
The more the merrier.
- Sleep when the baby sleeps. The most missed and often underrated new mom concern is sleep deprivation as it is best to sleep when the baby sleeps so you get your naps on time and can keep up when the baby needs that extra playtime.
- No matter how busy you are, take time out to do something you love. Those ten minutes of walk in the park can be a drastic mood enhancer and take away from any despair.
- Take it easy. It’s all about patience and consistency. Never challenge or judge yourself as a mother. Take one step at a time and learn from your fallbacks.
- Reach out to people you look up to since it’s great to get in touch with people who you think as an inspiration and ask them for tips and tricks on postnatal care that come with experience.
- Do not google everything. Freaky as it sounds. As much as it a blessing in disguise, it may also take your breath away seeking out too much information. It best to seek professional help if need be.
- Never compare siblings or parenting styles. Each one to themselves and each one is special.
- Postpartum rightly called as the fourth trimester can be the most magical time ever if taken in the right spirit and mindset.
So Breath and Good Luck with your journey!
This Blog is by Simran –
A Mommy blogger having beautiful 2-year-old daughter. She made a strong team with her kids and sharing amazing hacks on postnatal care and parenting.
Check out her candid and fun parenting stories on Instagram