Raise your hand, If you also think that sometimes we really push harder to complete weekly work plan before the deadline but, unfortunately, we fail to complete the tasks.
And the next time when we again plan with all the confidence but, somehow end-up with incomplete tasks. And this is the reason we give up on our to-do list and start questioning our potential.
High Five, if you've experienced this like me?
So see, first of all, understand that the real problem is not in you, but it's in your weekly work plan. You don't believe Me? Read this out to understand what is the major factors we're not considering, mistakes we are making, and apps that can help you craft successful weekly work plan.
Why Do You Need A Work Plan?
If you're reading this, it definitely, means that you have a bigger picture to achieve. To reach somewhere, we always seek the shortest path, and there's nothing wrong in that because we are smart enough to bring efficiency in our efforts. Right? So here are the top 5 reasons you why you need a weekly work plan –
- Organized Work: Every task has a slot, no efforts needed to remember what next and no chance to miss out any work.
- Prioritize Your Task: According to the deadline or deliverables, you can decide which assignment need to be done first and so on.
- Track Growth and Time: You can easily see your checklist and analyze where you're standing right now from your last week or day, pending list, where you need more efforts, and how much time is left.
- Work-Life-Balance: Regulated work will let you live your day, family time and enjoy your rest hours without the tension of Oh My God! I have work to be done. No man! You will be chilling!
- Achieve Milestones: Work plan will give you the confidence to do more and more.
“Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.”
Tip 1: Factors To Remember While Crafting Weekly Work Plan
Creating a weekly work plan that is practically applicable is very important. A lot of time it happens that we get motivated and thinks that it's time to leave no stone unturned. I salute your passion, but please understand that success is not an overnight journey. Right? You have to make constant efforts, for sure. So always remember –
- Practical Timeline: Calculate estimated time how long a task will take you to finish it. Always give some +30 mins buffer time so that even if there is something coming in between you can manage to complete it.
- Take Break: To keep up your productivity at the pace, you've to take small breaks so that your mind will get some rest to maintain your creativity. Take a walk, have some tea, listen to music, meditation to boost your productivity.
- Resource Availability: If you think that your task is dependent on any partner or team, then confirm the availability and schedule the task with them a week before.
Tip 2: Tools That Can Take Care Of Your To-Do-List
I agree that everyone has their own choice and way to plan the task. Some of us still prefer old-school pencil and paper way, but as a lot of us prefer time-efficient digital tools that enable us to access our plan from anywhere.
With so many different options available, here's the 3 top best to-do-list apps and tools that provide you all-in-one solutions –
- Todoist: Help you customize your task sheet with reminders
- Google Tasks: Mobile App for Android and iOS both with Gmail and Google Calendar integration.
- Active Collab: Creating tasks with multiple users and deadlines
You're Still Here? Good
Tip3: Review Revise Repeat
It is true that once you complete this weekly work plan, no doubt you will feel more confident in yourself and that self-trust will give you the energy to plan further. So last but not the least be consistent no matter what. These small plans are your staircase to reach your goal.
Review: Is every task completed? Track your work and also list down some points like what are those task which needs more effort, where you can improvise and is there any strategy that I can follow to make it more perfect.
Revise: Revision of your plan will help you figure out how you can plan further according to your time taken by an individual task in the previous week. Is there anything new you can add-on?
Repeat: Pat on your back and make that awesome plan for next week to conquer your self-growth.
However – I have given you the perfect formula to make your weekly work plan, now I handover this knowledge to you. It is your choice whether to make it or break it. But I know, you type 1 personality so cheers to this feeling that you are having right now to do something that marks our value in this world.
Pretty simple, right? Yes it is
Okay now, let me introduce myself with you, I am Prachi, a Content Marketer, Blogger and Social Media Strategist.
FunFact about me: I quit my job 3, months ago and decided to do something of my own, and as a result, I gave birth to my U Savvy Academy where I help my people to grow digitally and create their own brand. You can join me there, Check these courses, and C'mon in!
Without any delay, follow the above step and make that billion-dollar plan! Don't forget to let me know your experience of reading this out!